For events prior to November 2009 search our Events Archive here...Surfing Australia Event Archive Site
Surfing NSW - Indigenous Surfing Program
This event has no divisions
The Surfing NSW Indigenous Surfing Program attracts large numbers of young indigenous communities to beaches throughout the state.
Our Program promotes fun, sport and healthy lifestyles, bringing positive education to remote indigenous communities. Our principle partners, NSW Sport & Recreation and the Australian Sports Commission, continue to support, and aware of, the benefits this Program has on indigenous health and activity.
With participation increasing rapidly each year, Surfing NSW is excited about the continued growth and development of indigenous youths through the Program.
As of July 2010, former Wallaby great Mark Ella announced his commitment to the Surfing NSW Indigenous Surfing Program. Renowned as one of the most successful, and influential, indigenous Australian\\\'s, Ella is now the official Patron of the Program. In what is a coup for Surfing NSW, Ella provides a wealth of knowledge and unmatched respect amongst indigenous Australian\\\'s.
As a result, Surfing NSW is working closely with Ella to achieve sustainable development outcomes throughout NSW indigenous communities, via the sport of surfing.
Surfing NSW Indigenous Program 2013 Schedule
1) Essential Energy Indigenous Surfing Program:
- Date: Saturday 17 August 2013,
- Location: Port Macquarie, NSW.
- Event: Australian Surf Festival: Local Indigenous kids spend the day at Flynns Beach
- Date TBC
- Location: Maroubra Beach,
- Event: Girri Girri Sports Academy brings Bourke to the Beach Surfing NSW.
- http://www.surfingaustralia.com/nsw/news-details.php?id=2071 http://www.surfingaustralia.com/nsw/news-details.php?id=2099
3) National Aboriginal Sporting Chance Academy (NASCA):
- Date: TBC,
- Location: Maroubra Beach, NSW
- Event: NASCA - Surfing NSW make waves with National Aboriginal Sporting Chance Academy
Surfing NSW Indigenous Sporting Program Contacts
- Personel: Claire Norman - Sport Development Officer
- Phone: (02) 9349 7055
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Post: PO BOX 4005 Maroubra South 2035 NSW