For events prior to November 2009 search our Events Archive here...Surfing Australia Event Archive Site
Skullcandy Oz Grom Open 2012
16 & Under Boys (FULL), 16 & Under Girls (FULL), 14 & Under Boys (FULL), 12 & Under Boys (FULL)
Australia's premier boardriding club "LE-BA" has teamed up with SKULLCANDY HEADPHONES to create the "SKULLCANDY OZ GROM OPEN",a premium Junior surfing event at Lennox Head NSW from the 6th - 10th July 2012.
ENTRIES OPEN TODAY 5pm!!!!! CLICK BELOW "ENTER HERE" on the below
Event Contact and Communication
Any updates leading into the competition and heat draw links will all be posted on LE-BA facebook page.
- http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000816541411 - main communication of event
- For Contest Inquiries please contact LE BA Boardriders;Steve Condon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Event/Skullcandy Media Inquiries please contact Eli Seddon: email@example.com
- For Event Entry enquiry please contact Surfing NSW; firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9349 7055
NOTE: - Le Ba Boardriders are linking in with Surfing NSW to run the event. Please use the above contact for different aspects of the event communication.
There will be four divisions:
- 12 & under boys (24 competitor format) - cannot turn 13 in 2012
- 14 & under boys (48 competitor format) - cannot turn 15 in 2012
- 16 & under boys (64 competitor format) - cannot turn 17 in 2012
- 16 & under girls (24 competitor format) - cannot turn 17 in 2012
NOTE: At present only can surf in one divison per competitior
NOTE: At present only 1x girls divison 16 & under but on high demand can relook at this. Please get your entries in quick before fill up.
NOTE: 16 boys will be the blue ribbon division which will move to man on man format for the final's series with possible jetski assist pending conditions (contest directors call).
NOTE: Blue ribbon 16 & under $1000 up for grabs for 1st prize.
Format & Schedule
- The format will be no 1st round loser with repercharge.
- Man on Man heats to replicate the World Tour Formatt will come into play in the later heats of the Under 16 Boys.
- Event will be have the ability to have a lay day to utilise the best conditions
- The schedule will be day by day to again ensure the correct divisons are in the correct conditions
- Heat Draws will be released via the below heat draw button
- A condition dependant Schedule will also be released on the heat draw button
- ASP judging panel & Accredited judges
- Fantastic Skullcandy competitor packs for every competitor on check in!
- Event will utilise all beaches in Lennox Head but Lennox Beach will be the main contest location
Sponsors - Support those who make Junior Surfing happen!
- SKULLCANDY - http://www.facebook.com/#!/SkullcandyAustralia
- LE BA Boardriders - http://www.le-baboardriders.com/
- SURFING NSW - www.surfingnsw.com.au
- EMERY SURFBOARDS - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Emery-Surfboards/162044847154356
- FCS - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/FCS/107439852646269
- ELECTRIC VISUAL - http://www.facebook.com/#!/ElectricVisualOZ
- Triple X Wetsuits - http://www.triple-x.com.au/vmchk
- Ballina Shire Council - http://www.ballina.nsw.gov.au/cp_themes/default/home.asp
Get your entries in quick as limited positions!