For events prior to November 2009 search our Events Archive here...Surfing Australia Event Archive Site
2012 World Surfaris Coast of Origin Interclub Series - Area Challenge
Coast of Origin
The 2012 World Surfaris Coast of Origin Interclub Series is all set to go!
Once again, the series will provide a structured, seven-event competition pathway for all surfing disciplines, giving clubs the chance to interact with one another and ultimately compete as a region to see if bragging rights will go to either the Gold Coast or remain with the Sunshine Coast in 2012.
World Surfaris invites competitors, immediate family or volunteers involved in the 2012 World Surfaris Coast of Origin series to enter the draw to WIN a trip for two to Tupira Surf Club, PNG with return international flights thanks to our friends at Air Niugini.
World Surfaris Prize Includes:
- 2x Return Airfares flying Air Nuigini ex Brisbane excluding taxes
- 2x 7 nights accommodation at Tupira Surf Club Madang
- 3 hearty meals daily
- Airport transfers
- SAPNG levies
- Extra activities; Cultural show, fishing and more.
Total prize package valued at $3,650
VISIT http://worldsurfaris.com/coastoforigin/ for your chance to WIN!!!
CLUB ENTRY PROCEDURE
Click the HEAT DRAW tab below to view the 2012 World Surfaris Coast of Origin heat draw template, which outlines all competitors/divisions required from each participating Club.
Boardriding Club delegates should direct their selected competitors to click ENTER EVENT on this page, where they can enter free of charge.
Boardriding Clubs must also provide Surfing Queensland with a list of proposed athletes on the aforementioned heat draw template that will be cross-referenced against the entries received online.
Surfing Queensland ‘s Club Development Officers will monitor competitor names being registered online and advise Boardriding Clubs as to whether all of their nominations have/have not been received through the online entry system.
Once names are finalised, Surfing Queensland will raise an invoice to each respective Boardriding Club.
Surfing Queensland will compile each Club’s information as well as re-post the updated Heat Draw template (including all competitor names) under the HEAT DRAW tab below.
Club representatives will also receive a copy of the heat draw via email prior to the event.
- Refer to Area Challenge spreadsheet only
- Club Secretary / President must insert all competing surfers’ names into Area Challenge spreadsheet (all shaded cells) and return via email by Tuesday, 5 June.
- Direct your nominated surfers to enter the event online by Friday, 15 June.
Longboard & SUP Clubs
- Refer to Regional Challenge spreadsheet only
- Club Secretary / President must insert all competing surfers’ names into Regional Challenge spreadsheet (all shaded cells) and return by email by Tuesday, 3 July.
- Direct your nominated surfers to enter the event on-line by Friday, 13 July.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an invitation only event – DO NOT enter this event unless you have been notified by your respective Surfing Queensland affiliated Boardriding Club.
ATTN Surfers: Please enter the ‘Coast of Origin’ Division when filling out the online entry form. Surfing Queensland will automatically allocate your entry into the respective division your Club has nominated you for (i.e. Open Men Shortboard, Open Women Shortboard etc).
Sunshine Coast Area Challenge Event Hotline -
(North End) – 0413 717 539
(South End) – 0407 307 213