For events prior to November 2009 search our Events Archive here...SA Event Archive Site
Dominelli Women's Surf Classic 2012
Open Women - Longboard, O/35 Women - Longboard, Open Women - Shortboard, O/35 Women - Shortboard, Open Women - SUP, 20 & Under Girls Shortboard, 16 & Under Girls Shortboard, 13 & Under Girls Shortboard
Surfing NSW are proud to annouce Dominelli Motor Dealerships supporting the Womens Surf Classic event once again for 2012. Dominelli's support of the event brings the event to be named once again as the "Dominelli Women's Surf Classic" for 2012.
Please support those who are supporting the event; www.dominelli.com.au
About the event
Female surfing of the highest quality will return again to Cronulla as the Dominelli Women's Surf Classic prepares to set alight the Sutherland Shire.
Taking place at North Cronulla Beach on the 27th - 28th of October 2012, the female only event is a true celebration of women in the sport of surfing.
Having produced two of the greatest ever female professional competitors, seven-time ASP World Champion Layne Beachley (Manly, NSW) and current four-time ASP World Champion Stephanie Gilmore (Kingscliff, NSW), the state of NSW is a hub for female surfing.
With Sally, Laura and Tyler all impacting heavily on the Womens World Tour, Surfing NSW place a high emphasis on grassroots women's surfing.
The event in 2011 entailed Short board, Longboard, Bodyboard and Stand Up Paddle Board disciplines. 2012 will see this plus more.
Supported by Cronulla Girls Boardriders who have been involved since the events inception, female surfing dates back to the early 1960\'s when the formation of the all-girl boardriding club the Kurranulla Wahines, who are synonymous with the Sutherland Shire's bountiful beaches.
Event Entries are open now. Please click on the enter here tab below to enter the event.
For the daily running schedule and contest location please call on the Event Hotline (0458 247 212) after 6:45am each day of the event. The event is fully mobile between North Cronulla, Eloura, Wanda and South Cronulla. Please revisit this website for all confirmed heat draws and schedule on Thursday 25th October at 5pm.
Event Festival Happenings
A range of activations and festival happenings for all competitors will be annonced with a media release on the 5th of October 2012.
Surfing NSW can confirm the below will be free for all competitors onsite at the event:
- Free Zumba Class - Thanks to Curves Gym
- Free Yoga Class - Thanks to Pause Yoga
- Free 5min Massages - Thanks to Cronulla Beachside Thai Massage
- Free Towel per competitor - Thanks to Tradies
- Free Judging Level 0 Seminar - Thanks to Surfing NSW
- Free Coaching Tips - Thanks from a range of Surfing NSW coaches
- Dominelli Ford and Peugot Car Display onsite
- Dominelli Group Motor Dealerships - For the 3rd year in a row Dominelli will be supporting the event. Please visit www.dominelli.com.au for all of your motor needs. Dominelli Group will hae the latest cars on display. Please chat to the team at Dominelli about their new opening dealership within the Sutherland Shire. Dominelli are supporting community events - support those who are making the event happen.
- Sutherland Shire Council - The local council is once again backing the Surfing NSW event. Without support from the Sutherland Shire Council the event would not be possible. A support page has been established with many images of community events. Check it out HERE
- Westfield Miranda - Please visit www.westfield.com.au for all of your shopping needs.
- Tradies - Click Here for all information about Tradies functions, services and community support.
- Carve Eyewear - Carve Eyewear as a Corporate Partner of Surfing NSW will be down at the even. All competitors can try out the newsest range fo Carve Sun Glasses. There will be a "Carve of the Day" for each day as well as a bunch of prizes for finalists thanks to Carve.
- Australian Skin Cancer Clinics - If you have not had a Skin Cancer Check up in a while why not now? The Australian Skin Cancer Clinics aim is to provide caring, efficient and accessible service for early detection, diagnosis, treatment and management of skin cancer in the primary setting. Did you know that two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70? Did you know that Australia has the highest skin cancer incidence rate in the world? Come down and talk to the team while the Surfing is on! For all information visit www.ausskinclinics.com.au
- Curves Gym - How does one company become the world's leader in women's fitness in just a few short years? Curves has a commitment to help women around the world become strong and healthy through diet and exercise. Learn more about our history, resources, and news. Curves will be onsite to talk about why to join the gym? What is different about Curves and how good it is for Women? Come down and talk to Kim and the team at Curves. Get involved in the free Zumba Session! Visit http://www.curves.com.au/
- Beachside Thai Massage please visit www.beachsidethaimassage.com.au for all information on local Cronulla Massages. Trading Hours include Open 7 Days(10.00 am - 8.00 pm Or by appointment. Located onShop 12, 2 Surf Road Cronulla NSW 2230 call or email (02) 8544 8910 for your next massage
- Pause Yoga -Pause Yoga Pilates in Cronulla, is more than a yoga and pilates studio, it's a sanctuary where you can retreat from the busy world. Unite your mind body and spirit through exercise, breathing and meditation. This will have a positive impact on the way you live. Your whole mind body and spirit will feel the health benefits of yoga. Visit http://pauseyogapilates.com.au/ for all information.
- UnButton - Providing prizes and the trophies Unbutton is an innovative, handcrafted jewellery and accessories line that combines eclectic blends of new and pre-loved buttons with beads, feathers, wire, wool, leather and other decorative findings. All pieces are designed and hand crafted by Sydney designer Kareena Geeves from her cosy home in Cronulla. From sourcing buttons, to wiring and weaving every piece Kareena creates is unique and has its own story. She loves to make custom pieces too, perfect for completing that new outfit or as a gift for someone you love... or yourself. You can contact Kareena at email@example.com or facebook 'unbutton'. Unbutton is not just jewellery, hand bags, scarves, cufflinks, hair pins, brooches, chopsticks and wine charms are just some of the other products in the range. Check out unbutton.com.au today!
For more information, please contact:
Sue Duffus - Surfing NSW on 02 93497055 or firstname.lastname@example.org