For events prior to November 2009 search our Events Archive here...SA Event Archive Site
Surfing NSW - Surfers Rescue 24/7 - Free CPR & Board Rescue Course
This event has no divisions
What is the "Surfers Rescue 24/7" Course?
- Component 1- Surfers Rescue 24/7 is a free nationally accredited CPR course
- Component 2 - Surfers Rescue 24/7 is free board rescue techniques
Who is it for?
- Any competent Surfer from recreational grass roots boardrider to professional surfers all are welcome to participate in Surfers Rescue 24/7. Open to all surfers.
Surfers Rescue 24/7 Concept
Surfing NSW with support of the NSW Government are giving all surfers in NSW the opportunity to do a free CPR and Board Rescue Course - "Surfers Rescue 24/7".
The short and to the point course will educate and provide a skill set, that hopefully you will never have to use, but if found in a tough situation, may just save a life.
Surfing has been part of the Australian society since the late 50's and during this time, recreational surfers from all walks of life have been instrumental in helping to keep our beaches safe. These boardriders have conducted and assisted in thousands of rescues, the majority of which go unheralded.
Be it a patrolled or unpatrolled beach across NSW, all recreational Surfers are on the beach from dawn until dusk, 365 days a year. A lot of them are responsible for hundreds of thousands of unsung rescues. In conjunction with pro-surfers who are currently working as lifeguards, Surfing NSW identified board rescue techniques that may prove to be crucial in times of need.
Overall Surfing NSW will be rolling out the free course for all surfers educating on certain situations, which could benefit themselves, family, friends and fellow surfers throughout their lifetime.
Course Duration and Structure
- Meet at location at specified time below
- Surfing NSW Staff member will be onsite to facilitate course with Surf Life Saving and Ex-Professional Surfers
- 2.5 - 3 hours maximum total duration broken down to:
- a) 1.5 hours = component 1- Surfers Rescue 24/7 nationally accredited CPR course
- b) 1 hour = component 2 - Surfers Rescue 24/7 board rescue techniques
- Note: for full detail of course please see downloadable brochure below
- Note: each course can complete component 1 or component 2 first.
Surfers Rescue 24/7 Information Links:
- Surfers Rescue 24/7 - Detailed Brochure - Click Here
- Surfers Rescue 24/7 - Media Item 1 - Click Here
- Surfers Rescue 24/7 - Media Item 2 - Click Here
What to bring
- Wetsuit - participants will be asked to get into thesurf
- Surfboard - using your own board is beneficial
- Pen - accreditation CPR process
- Identification - e.g. drivers license
- Date: Saturday 4th May 2013
- Time: 1pm - 4pm
- Location: Evans Head SurfLife Saving Club
- Local Contact: Brody Aleckson 0428 661 402
- Option 1 Contact Surfing NSW or enter online - Scroll Down to "ENTER"
- Option 2 Contact your Local Boardriders club president - Click Here
- Option 3 Contact your Regional Director - Click Here
- NOTE: If you have more than 20 participants call Surfing NSW with location/dates/times which suit
Accreditation Process and outcome
- Register for course - advise Surfing NSW/President/regional director
- Complete course - 3 hour duration completing course
- Complete onsite registration form with address
- Surfing NSW directly mails out to your address a personalised
- - 1) Nationally Accredited CPR Certificate &
- - 2) Surfers Rescue 24/7 Surfing NSW Card.
Report your rescue to Surfing NSW
- Onsite emergency always call 000
- Advise Surfing NSW of your experience in rescues along the NSW coastline of Australia
- Please email, call or post your rescue to the below details
Surfing NSW Course Contacts
- Phone: (02) 9349 7055
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: PO BOX 4005 Maroubra South 2035 NSW
Surfers Rescue 24/7 is supported by the NSW Government and driven by Surfing NSW.