The Australian SUP Titles will host a Prone Technical Racing (4-8km) Australian Titles division. This component of the Australian SUP Titles is a 4-8km race which will include; Prone Open Men’s & Prone Open Women’s divisions.
These divisions will be run within the Australian SUP Titles. The competition period for this division will be;
• Prone Technical Race – November 10 -12 (conditions dependant)
Prone Technical Racing (4-8km);
Prone Open Men (12’0 stock) and under
Prone Open Women (12’0 stock) and under
Prone Technical Racing (4-8km);
Discipline will be an open ocean race with both men’s and women’s races held together. All SUP & Prone Technical racing divisions will be conducted in a majority ocean racing format.
Rules and Regulations:
- PFDs (need to be worn or carried on person, not attached to board)
- PFDs are to be strictly a type 1,2 or 3 including inflatable type 1
- Leg ropes will be compulsory at National Titles for all SUP & Paddleboard Racing divisions
- Leg ropes are to be provided by the competitor for all SUP & Paddleboard Racing divisions
- In regards to equipment, boards (Prone) must be of a single mould and with a fixed fin
- Dependent on conditions and at the discretion of the Contest Director, a cut-off time at a certain race point could be used for safety reasons
- Competitors may compete in TWO surf divisions and ONE division in both Technical and Marathon races
- Please note: Contest organisers won’t hold disciplines at the same time during the Titles period with the exception of the Marathon & SUP Community Challenge (Marathon)race, however disciplines may be back-to-back depending on conditions
- Competitors MUST not leave their craft to advance over exposed sandbanks if present in the during any Race
The Prone Technical Racing (4-8km) division has specific surfboard requirements that must be adhered to by all competitors.
Board Specifications: (All Prone Paddle craft is to be (12’0 stock and under)
Please note the following board size and type requirements must be met for all Prone Technical competitors. All boards will be measured by the Beach Marshal and marked before the race commences.
PLEASE NOTE: Competitors can only enter 1 discipline in either SUP or Prone Technical racing divisions as these races will be scheduled within the same race window.
Surfing Australia (Attn: Beau Brenchley)
9 Barclay Drive, Casuarina, NSW, 2487
$80 INCL GST
Prone Technical Racing (4-8km) competitors do not need to qualify through their state rounds. Entries are open to competitors who fulfil the Australian residency guidelines specified in the Surfing Australia Rule Book.
Proof of Citizenship is required for the Prone Technical Race.
Please note ALL Australian SUP Titles competitors must be holders of or eligible to hold an Australian passport.
To ensure that ALL competitors are eligible to compete (as per the Rule Book) it is a requested requirement that ALL competitors in the Australian SUP Titles submit either a photocopy of their Birth Certificate (showing birth place within Australia), current Australian Passport or Australian Citizenship Certificate before they will be allowed to surf. Copies of these documents must be submitted. If these documents cannot be supplied then the competitor will not be allowed to compete!
|Open Women Other||$80.00|
|Open Men Other||$80.00|