The Australian SUP Titles will host the SUP Community Challenge. This component of the Australian SUP Titles features a Marathon Race (20 kilometre race) which will include; SUP Open Men’s & SUP Open Women’s divisions. This challenge bolsters the prestigious titles and allows the general public to take part in the 2018 event.
These specialty divisions will be run within the Australian SUP Titles. The competition period for this division will be;
• Community Marathon – November 12 or 13 (conditions dependant)
SUP Community Challenge divisions;
All welcome – Open to general public
(Boards 14 feet & under)
-SUP Open Men
-SUP Open Women
Rules and Regulations:
- PFDs (need to be worn or carried on person, not attached to board)
- PFDs are to be provided by the competitor for SUP Marathon race
- PFDs are to be strictly a type 1,2 or 3 including inflatable type 1
- Leg ropes will be compulsory at National Titles for all SUP & Paddleboard Racing divisions
- Leg ropes are to be provided by the competitor for all SUP & Paddleboard Racing divisions
- In regards to equipment, boards (SUP) must be of a single mould and with a fixed fin
- Dependent on conditions and at the discretion of the Contest Director, a cut-off time at a certain race point could be used for safety reasons
- Please note: Contest organisers won’t hold disciplines at the same time during the Titles period with the exception of the Marathon & SUP Community Challenge (Marathon) race, however disciplines may be back-to-back depending on conditions
- Competitors MUST not leave their craft to advance over exposed sandbanks if present in the during any Marathon Race
The SUP Community Challenge has specific surfboard requirements that must be adhered to by all competitors.
Board Specifications: (All Stand Up Paddle craft is to be 14 feet and under)
Please note the following board size and type requirements must be met for all SUP Community Challenge competitors. All boards will be measured by the Beach Marshal and marked before the race commences.
This challenge is open to the General public.
PLEASE NOTE: Competitors can only enter 1 discipline of the Community Challenge
Surfing Australia (Attn: Beau Brenchley)
9 Barclay Drive Casuarina, NSW, 2487
$70 INCL GST
|Open Women SUP||$70.00|
|Open Men SUP||$70.00|