Applications for the 2017/18 South Coast Surfing Academy have now closed. We are excited to stage this program offered by Surfing NSW, South East Sports Academy and the Illawarra Academy of Sport. The aim of program is to assist you with your overall development as both a talented surfer and as a person.
To confirm Program Registration all athletes & parents need to:
- Read the Below information carefully
- Pay the program levy (via this page)
- Agree to the Athlete Code of conduct
- Email confirmation of your attendance at the Orientation Camp & clarify travel arrangement to first camp - it is noted that many parents are available to offer travel assistance. If you would prefer to car pool with a parent and surfers within your hometown please let me know so I can put you in contact.
Please send all above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 September 2017.
Benefits of being part the South Coast Surfing Academy:
- Training by qualified coaches including Head Coach Blake Johnston
- Orientation Camp – 7-8 October 2017, Lake Tabourie
- Satellite training sessions (updated):
ILLAWARRA REGION SQUAD - 11th Nov 8-11am, 3rd Feb 12-4pm & 19th May 8-11am @ Thirroul
NORTHERN REGION SQUAD - 11th Nov, 3rd Feb & 19th May @ Kiama, Bombo
SOUTHERN REGION SQUAD - 12th Nov 10-1pm @ Tathra, 4th Feb 10- 2pm @ Carters Beach, Dalmeny & 5th May 10-1pm @ Short Point Beach, Merimbula)
- Academy Games 27 -29 April 2018, Hunter region (selection process to be confirmed)
- Training Camp – 2-3 June 2018, Broulee
- Education sessions
- Access to myAISbasecamp
The Last Satellite Training Day is scheduled a day or week prior Illawarra or South Coast Regional Titles. All scholars will be expected to compete and will be notified when entries will open.
- Illawarra Regional Titles 20th May 2018
- South Coast Regional Titles 6th May 2018
Costs - PLEASE PAY ATHLETES LEVY AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Athletes levy $250 (inclusive of gst). Levy assists in covering the cost of administration, sport science support, education sessions, meals at camp, venue hire and hoodie. (Total value of the program is worth in excess of $1500 per athlete).
Your commitment to the South Coast Surfing Program:
- Attend all camps/training sessions
- Follow all items outlined in the Athlete Code of Conduct.
Applications for the 2017/18 South Coast Surfing Academy Program have now CLOSED.
See the SESA website for more details HERE. An application process will go ahead in August 2018 for the next round of Athlete Scholars.
All successful scholars MUST :
We have been able to expand the program to also cater for Illawarra surfers.
- Reside in the Illawarra or South Coast region of NSW (ILLAWARRA - Wollongong & Shellharbour sorrounds, NORTH - Kiama South to Shoalhaven // SOUTH - Bega & Eurobodalla). Exceptions made to Endorsed "Lone Star" Athletes in the Illawarra Academy of Sport (IAS) Surfing Program.
- Completed an Online Application Form
- Recieved a Letter of Successful Application
- Committ to the Program (attend camps/training sessions) & Academy Scholarship
- Follow all items outlined in the Athlete Code of Conduct
|Program Levy Fee Shortboard||$250.00|