Applications for the 2017/18 South Coast Surfing Academy have now closed. We are excited to stage this program offered by Surfing NSW, South East Sports Academy and the Illawarra Academy of Sport. The aim of program is to assist you with your overall development as both a talented surfer and as a person.
To confirm Program Registration all athletes & parents need to:
- Read the Below information carefully
- Pay the program levy (via this page)
- Agree to the Athlete Code of conduct
- Email confirmation of your attendance at the Orientation Camp, Outline your clothing size (Hoodie & training shirt) & clarify travel arrangement to first camp - it is noted that many parents are available to offer travel assistance. If you would prefer to car pool with a parent and surfers within your hometown please let me know so I can put you in contact.
Please send all above requirements to email@example.com by 28 September 2017.
Benefits of being part the South Coast Surfing Academy:
- Training by qualified coaches including Head Coach Blake Johnston
- Orientation Camp – 7-8 October 2017, Lake Tabourie
- Satellite training sessions:
NORTHERN REGION SCHOLARS (11th Nov @ Kiama, 3rd Feb @ Ulludulla & 19th May @ Culburra)
SOUTHERN REGION SCHOLARS (12th Nov @ Tathra, 4th Feb @ Narooma & 5th May @ Merimbula)
- Academy Games 27 -29 April 2018, Hunter region (selection process to be confirmed)
- Training Camp – 2-3 June 2018, Broulee
- Education sessions
- Access to myAISbasecamp
The Last Satellite Training Day is scheduled a day or week prior Illawarra or South Coast Regional Titles. All scholars will be expected to compete and will be notified when entries will open.
- Illawarra Regional Titles 20th May 2018
- South Coast Regional Titles 6th May 2018
Costs - PLEASE PAY ATHLETES LEVY AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Athletes levy $250 (inclusive of gst). Levy assists in covering the cost of administration, sport science support, education sessions, meals at camp, venue hire and hoodie. (Total value of the program is worth in excess of $1500 per athlete).
Your commitment to the South Coast Surfing Program:
- Attend all camps/training sessions
- Follow all items outlined in the Athlete Code of Conduct.
Your next commitment:
Your next commitment will be an orientation camp on 7-8 October at Lake Tabourie
SOUTH COAST SURFING ACADEMY ORIENTATION CAMP DETAILS
When: Saturday 7 October – Sunday 8 October
Where: Lake tabourie Holiday Haven Tourist Park - www.holidayhaven.com.au
Lake Tabourie Holiday Park, 595A Princes Hwy, Lake Tabourie NSW 2539
Time: Saturday 10.00am for a 10.30am start - Camp Concludes 3.00pm Sunday
What to Bring:
Sleeping Bag OR bed Linen (single bunk)
Towel (Beach & bath Towel)
Personal Medication, ensure you have enough for the weekend
Training Top or Singlet
Casual clothes - pack for all seasons
Tape – if you require strapping
Sunscreen & water bottle you can refill
Notebook & Pen
Note: it is an all-inclusive camp with includes all catering, therefore no need to bring money to the camp.
Four Parents have been selected as "Squad Managers" & "Assistant Squad Managers" based on region & avaliability across the program. They will be assisting with day to day organisation of the program including all logistical details to enhance the experience both for athletes and the coaching team to ensure the smooth running of the program.
There will be email communication before the start of the first camp on the 7/8th October for any addtional info - contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Applications for the 2017/18 South Coast Surfing Academy Program have now CLOSED.
See the SESA website for more details HERE. An application process will go ahead in August 2018 for the next round of Athlete Scholars.
All successful scholars MUST :
- Reside in the South Coast region of NSW (NORTH - Kiama South to Shoalhaven // SOUTH - Bega & Eurobodalla). Exceptions made to Endorsed "Lone Star" Athletes in the Illawarra Academy of Sport (IAS) Surfing Program.
- Completed an Online Application Form
- Recieved a Letter of Successful Application
- Committ to the Program (attend camps/training sessions)
- Follow all items outlined in the Athlete Code of Conduct
|Program Levy Fee Shortboard||$250.00|