High School Surfing in NSW
School Surfing NSW (SSNSW) exists to support government and non-government schools in the provision of opportunities for students to undertake surfing within their school’s curriculum.
School Surfing NSW services the coastal fringe of NSW from Bega High School in the south to Tweed Heads High in the north.
School Surfing in NSW is broken into 7 regions in NSW. These 6 regions run a regional titles for both a schools team event as well as an individual event.
The elite pathway of surfing in schools is detailed below:
- 7x regional school surfing titles run by school conveners in partnership with Surfing NSW
- 1x NSW School State Titles
- 1x Australian School State Titles
Your school will be notified by your Schools Regional Director (below) in regards to the entry process for students. If you are a school that has not competed in the past and is keen to get involved please get in contact with your Schools regional director.
Regions, Conveners and contact details:
- Area covering: Eden High to Bulli High and inland
- Charlton Fogarty. Carroll College, Broulee 2537
- Phone: 4471 5600 Mobile: 0422 222 669
- Email: Charlton.Fogarty@cg.catholic.edu.au
Southern Beaches & Northern Beaches
- Southern Beaches Area covering: Cronulla to Harbour Bridge South and inland
- Northern Beaches Area covering: Harbour Bridge North to Palm Beach and inland
- School Regional Contact: Ashley Mathieson Northern Beaches Secondary College
- 02 99396942 Mobile 0417 175 282
- Email: email@example.com
- Area covering: Umina to North Lakes and inland.
- School Regional Contact: Adam Robinson, Tuggarah Lakes Secondary College
- Phone: 4388 1899 Mobile: 0415 555 450
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area covering: Lake Munmorah High to Tomaree High and inland.
- School Regional Contact: Justin Gordon, St Francis Xavier College, Hamilton.
- Phone: 4961 2863 Mobile: 0403 170 570
- Email: email@example.com
- Area covering: Forster to Woolgoolga High and inland.
- School Regional Contact: TBC
Far North Coast
- Area covering: Maclean High to Tweed River High and inland.
- School Regional Contact: John Moore, Ballina Coastal High, Ballina.
- Phone: TBC
Primary School Surfing in NSW
Surfing NSW is committed to all levels of Surfing through schools. At present there is no pathway for school surfing at a regional, state or Australian level for primary schools. Surfing NSW see a need to explore the same structure in the future for Primary schools similar to High Schools.
For all specific high school related questions please contact:
- State School Regional Contact: John Olovich, Kirrawee High, Sydney
- Phone: 9521 2099 Mobile: 0416 006 564
- Email: John.firstname.lastname@example.org
Surfing NSW - email@example.com or 02 9349 7055
For all other information please contact Surfing NSW
Surfing NSW has also created a new specific schools website with more high school and primary school information. Please visit www.schoolsurfingnsw.com.au for more information