If you want to be a working Surf Coach in Australia this is the starting point for you.
LEVEL 1 SURF COACHES COURSE - Tuesday Feb. 5th
Hobart College/Clifton Beach.
The following course is the only one available in Australia that is recognised by the Australian Government (through the Australian Sports Commission) under their National Coaching Accreditation Scheme. All of our courses are also recognised by the International Surfing Association (ISA) and are the required qualifications in every surf school in Australia affiliated to Surfing Australia - the National Governing Body for the sport of surfing.
Presenters: Tasmania's experienced Level 2 Surf Coaches Cam Lynch and Jo Goldfinch are Course Presenters.
The Surfing Australia Level One Instructor Course is the minimum qualification required to be a surfing instructor in Australia. To obtain this award an individual must adhere to the following accreditation requirements:
(The course is the first step in your full accreditation process. You have 12 months to complete all aspects to be fully accredited or have sufficient experience which is acceptable.)
1. Attendance at a two day Surfing Australia Level One Instructing Course
2. Log 20 hours practical instructing (beginner level) guided by supervisor coach
3. Instructing competency checklist, completed then signed off by designated supervisor coach
4. Understand and sign our ‘Coach's Code of Ethics' agreement
5. Surfing Australia membership ( This must be completed prior to attending the course. Go to Surfing Tasmania's website and follow the MEMBERSHIP link.Payment is also online
6. Working With Children Check
7. Hold any one of the following awards:
Surf Bronze proficiency: Surf Lifesaving Association (SLSA)
Surf Rescue Certificate: SLSA Community award
Ocean Rescue Award: Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS)
OSSCA Award Professional Ocean Lifeguard Association (APOLA)
Course Fee: $300 - this covers the cost of the 2 day course ( includes workbooks, manuals etc) and admin processing once all documentation is submitted and approved.
HOW TO ENROL.
Go to : www.surfingaustralia.com/states/tas/events/
Enquiries to Shayne Clark
Participants must be financial members of Surfing Tasmania. This can be done online from our website under MEMBERSHIP link and costs $55.
|Coaching - 2 Sessions Other||$0.00|