LEVEL ONE - STAND UP PADDLEBOARD INSTRUCTOR
The Surfing Australia Level One Stand-Up Paddling (SUP) Instructor Course is the minimum qualification required to be a SUP instructor in Australia. To obtain this award an individual must adhere to the following accreditation requirements. These can be completed during the period you are completing your 20 hours of instructing. More details at the course but STAS membership is task 1 to be done prior to the course. Go to this link:
1. Attendance at a one day Surfing Australia Level One SUP Instructing Course
2. 20 hours practical instructing (beginner level) guided by supervisor coach
3. Instructing competency checklist, completed then signed off by designated supervisor coach
4. Understand and sign our ‘Coach's Code of Ethics' agreement
5. Surfing Tasmania membership
6. Working With Children Check
7. Hold or gain any one of the following awards:
Bronze proficiency: Surf Lifesaving Association (SLSA)
Surf Rescue Certificate: SLSA Community award
Ocean Rescue Award: Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS)
OSSCA Award Professional Ocean Lifeguard Association (APOLA)
INSTRUCTOR: Adrian Sorati, Head SUP Coach from Surfing Victoria.
Participants must first become financial members of Surfing Tasmania. Go to Surfing Tasmania's website and the process and payment can all be done online.
|Coaching - 1 Session SUP||$250.00|