2018 Champions Crowned
SURFING TASMANIA ANNUAL PRESENTATIONS. A great night for the 60 or so members, families and friends who attended Surfing Tasmania's night of nights to celebrate the past season and present trophies and medallions to winners and placegetters in all divisions from U/12s to O/50s. STAS is exploring the possibility of rotating the Planning Day and Annual Presentations around the state each year with Scamander under consideration for 2019. Earlier in the day the Rep Committee Annual Planning Day took place with a pile of forward planning and decisions that has set up the fast approaching season ahead. Full details will be released over coming weeks. One important decision is the plan to run the Phantom Coast Classic as a Teams Challenge in September on the NW coast, hopefully at the Mersey River mouth at Devonport. North West Boardrider Club is working with STAS to establish several permanent events on the coast to assist in promoting surfing in the region. The Phantom Coast Classic has a 4 week waiting period over September. More details shortly. Pics: Some of the 17 person State Junior Team and 2018 State Champions with their Perpetual trophies.
1. Hamish Renwick 2. Zeb Critchlow 3. Ned Bramich
1. Luca Brodribb 2. Stella Gibson 3.Bella Goward
1. Liam Viney 2. Shae Cadle 3. Robbie Green
1. Luca Brodribb 2. Stella Gibson 3. Sophie Adams
1. Keenan Wilcox 2.Liam Viney 3. Robbie Green
Bella Goward 2. Luca Brodruibb, 3. Stella Gibson
1. Leyla Sharman 2.Sophie Bowden/Nellie Strickland 3.Ava Frey/Lily Mereska
1. Dylan Haberle 2. Toby Lawrence 3. Noah Hassett
1. Leyla Sharman/Lily Mereska 2. Ava Frey 3. Ruby Stokely
1. Noah Hassett/Toby Lawrence 2.Jo Pugh 3. Brodie Paxton/Charlie Emmerton
1. Ruby Stokely 2. Bernie Nordstrom 3. Maddie Seabrook
1. Charlie Gibson 2. Duke Armstrong 3.Jessie Flemming
OPEN MEN L/BOARDS.
1. Tom Kelly 2. Kieren Thomas 3. Al Thomas
1. Sally Hayes 2. Jo Goldfinch
1. Damon Hodge 2. Zeb Critchlow 3. Adam Hendricks/Luke Johannesen
1.Luke Johannesen 2. Damon Hodge 3.Marty Viney.
1. Scott Weinreich 2. Mick Miller
OPEN MEN SUP SURFING.
1. James Davies 2. Andrew Bowes 3. Luke O Garey
OPEN WOMEN SUP SURFING.
1.Claire Vervaat 2. Elaine Chua
O/40 SUP SURFING.
1. Ben Stockwin/ Luke OGarey 2. James Davies/Simon Hansen Layton 3. Matt Steele
O/50 SUP SURFING.
1. Andrew Bowes 2. Dave Smith 3. Brett Bradford
O/70 SUP SURFING.
OPEN TECHNICAL RACE.
1. Luke OGarey 2. Ben Stockwin 3. Peter Genders
OPEN 10KLM RACE.
SUP 10’ SURFING.
1. Luke O Garey 2. Ben Stockwin 3. Dave Smith